St Andrew’s is a long-established church, with a small, enthusiastic congregation, which has recently become an independent Incumbency. This is a part-time position and offers the opportunity to help our church grow and thrive in faith and deepen our connections with our local community.
We are looking for a Rector who will:
- develop the spiritual life of our congregation by leading spiritual and scriptural activities
- support our work on the Mission Action Plan ( a Diocese-wide initiative for growth)
- place a high value on pastoral care
- maintain our ecumenical links in Milngavie
- help us to enrich the worship in our church, particularly through music
- lead us with energy and enthusiasm.
- a welcoming, involved and supportive congregation (as well as a highly sociable one!)
- half stipend, housing, contribution to the SEC Pension Fund
- a popular, thriving and attractive location in the area of East Dunbartonshire Council and within easy reach of Glasgow as well as Loch Lomond and the Trossachs.
For a parish profile, job description and application form please contact:
Angela Rigg, St Andrew’s Secretary: email firstname.lastname@example.org,
101, Finlay Rise, Milngavie, Glasgow G62 6QL, 0141 956 7242.
Closing date for applications extended to: Wednesday 30 September 2015
Interviews scheduled for: October 2015 (date to be confirmed)